In the Month of February, 2015, Haryali has filed a petition in the “NATIONAL GEEEN TRIBUNAL” for concretization of trees in Gurgaon.
Below are Authorities which were dragged by Haryali to the “NATIONAL GEEEN TRIBUNAL” for the Issue of Concretization of Trees.
A. STATE OF HARYANA- Chief conservator of forest.
B. The Conservator of Forest.
C. Municipal Corporation Gurgaon.
D. Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA).
E. Dakshin Haryana Bijli vitran Nigam.
F. Ministry of Urban Development.
Following is the Grounds and conditions of Trees which are mentioned and Raised by Haryali in front “NATIONAL GEEEN TRIBUNAL”.
1. Electricity Distribution Companies which are damaging the trees by tying the wire around the trees for the purpose of erecting the electric poles.
2. Concretisation around the trees is happening across the city and no action has been taken by the Authority.
3. Mindless concretisation by the cementing of the trees as well as the limiting the space of the trees due to the old tree guards still places around the tree is leading to the drying of trees and their subsequent death.
4. There are various instances of the Electricity Distribution companies using the trees as a spot for metal anchors for the high tension electric wires and electric poles.
5. Trees present in at all the public places such as hospitals, roadsides, private residential colonies, even trees present in front of the office of the Conservator of forest have been concretised. The Authorities have turned a blind eye to all these instances.
6. Several Roads and area with negligible pedestrian road have concrete pavement and that too with non porous tiles.
Trees play an extremely important role in the urban locations, carrying out innumerable function:
a. They prevent soil erosion and absorb rainwater, thereby improving drainage.
b. The urban heat island effect occurs often in urbanized areas, where buildings, asphalt, and concrete absorb solar radiation and then re omit it as heat, causing the air temperature of the city to rise. Plants have been shown to reduce the urban heat island effect, directly by shading heat absorbing surfaces, and indirectly through evapotranspirational cooling.
NATIOINAL GREEN TRIBUNAL ORDER TO ALL ABOVE AUTHORITIES IS GIVEN BELOW
Directed all the Authorities not Concretize around the trees and tiling pending disposal of the application. We are satisfied with the reasons assigned and the photographs filed which show clearly that the concretization has been made in most unscientific manner without following the stipulations made in the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Urban Development.
Also directed the Authorities to file a status report regarding the trees situated in the district Gurgaon and how many of them are concretized and as to whether the guidelines have been followed or not.
Authorities are Summoned not to concrete Trees till the Order is Passed.
This report was covered by all prestigious news papers in North India. Hope this order will be put in and across all over India.
Join hands and hearts so that we can protect this God’s soul which is called TREE.
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=http%3A%2F%2Fharyali.org%2Fnational-geeen-tribunal-issue-of-concretization-of-trees%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in D:\Hosting\13399601\html\haryali\wp-content\themes\goodnews5\framework\functions\posts_share.php on line 151